Welcome to our webpage!
The "Communication, Networks and Contention" Research Group at the Department of Politics and Public Administration studies violent and non-violent conflict and contention, with a focus on the role of modern information- and communication technology. We specialize in quantitative techniques, in particular spatial data and methods.
The group is funded by a Sofja Kovalevskaja Award from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. We participate in the European Network of Conflict Research (COST Action IS1107).
- 8 September 2016: Our new Science paper is featured in Spiegel Online, the Washington Post, the MIT Technology Review, The Verge, the LA Times and several others.
- 4 August 2016: Research assistant positions for the "Mass Mobilization in Autocracies Database" project (see "Opportunities")
- 30 May 2016: Monkey Cage blog post on our research on night lights and wealth
- 09 May 2016: Call for Papers für den Workshop "Empirische Methoden in der Friedens- und Konfliktforschung"
- 26 March 2016: Our research is featured in the new edition of The Economist.
- 03 - 05 October 2016: Workshop: "Empirische Methoden in der Friedens- und Konfliktforschung"